Written By Gracie
I came up with this recipe because I had a lot of veggies that were a little out of date and I hate wasting good food so decided to throw them all in a pan and see what happened….
The results were great, so delicious and unbelievably nutritious and cleansing so I thought it would be worth sharing the recipe with you.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 x Bag of cavolo nero, (around 200g. Remove stalks and chop up. If you don’t have cavolo nero then you can use normal kale)
- 1 x Bag of Spinach (around 200g)
- 1 x Large white onion (chopped into little chunks)
- 1 x Pack of asparagus (around 100g)
- 4 x Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 600ml x boiling water
- 2 x Levelled tbsp Bouillon powder (reduced salt is best)
- Black pepper
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Mixed seeds (to garnish)
N.B. If you like spice then feel free to add a little cayenne pepper as well
1) Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan
2) Add the onion, cavolo nero and spinach and fry until soft and wilted
3) Add the garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes
4) Add the bouillon powder, water and asparagus, mix well then boil for about 15 minutes mixing occasionally to avoid anything sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5) Once ready, take off the heat. Pour the mix into a blender and blend until completely smooth (you can use a hand-held blender as well)
6) Pour into bowls and sprinkle over some mixed seeds for decoration and to add little crunch.
N.B. You can cook this in advance and re-heat whenever you are ready to eat it.
This is great as a soup but I also use it as a sauce. I had quite a lot left over so the next day I made a quinoa dish and spooned the leftovers on top and it worked really well!