Written by Sophie
This is an easy, raw, vegan version of spaghetti and meatballs…filling, delish, full of nutrients to make you feel great, and our favourite – Guilt Free!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 x Courgette
- 1/2 Jar red peppers (like the ones you get as antipasti)
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Bunch/handful basil (some for sauce and some to garnish)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts (one for sauce, one for topping)
- Falafels….as many as you like (we used Great Food as we are currently obsessed with them)
Spiralise the two courgettes and place in a mixing bowl.
For the sauce, blend the red peppers, tahini, most of the basil (saving some to garnish), apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp pine nuts and juice from the lemon. I used a nutribullet for this and it worked really well! If you like spicy food, then a pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes are a great addition to this as well.
Toast the remaining pine nuts in a dry pan…should only take a couple of minutes until they are slightly golden on each side.
Warm up the falafels under the grill* and whilst that’s happening, mix the sauce with courgetti so that it is all well coated….plate it up on two plates, then add the basil garnish, toasted pinenuts and lastly the falafels.
*If you don’t want the falafels to be hot that is fine as well! I tend to keep a batch in the freezer so always heat them up.